Purp Forces

welcome to the blog

Monday, October 1, 2007

Basic Eye Anatomy

The eye is part of which nervous system?
Central Nervous System

What types of tissues give the eye protection?
Fatty and Connective

What structure in the eye produces tears?
Lacrimal Glands

What acts as an antibacterial layer in the eye?
conjuctiva

What is the cornea?
The front of the sclera, main function is protection.

What layer of the eye contains the rods and cones?
Retina

What is the function of the rods? The cones?
Rods are for night vision, Cones are for Day and color vision.
They send messages to the brain

What is the colored part of the eye?
Iris

What structure allows light to enter the eye?
Pupil

Sketch picture of eye with following labeled: lacrimal glands, eyelashes, iris, pupil, cornea, lens, eyelid, sclera, choroids, optic nerve, and retina
( I'll draw them from now on.. but i had already finished labeling and posted before i knew you wanted hand drawn..)

1 comment:

Duval said...

Give me a "W"
Give me a "E"
Give me a "S"
Give me a "L"
Give me a "E"
Give me a "Y"

What's that spell?

Nice job!!